ALMOND VANILLA EXTRACT 2X ORGANIC
Mannix Almond Vanilla Extract is a blend of our 2x organic vanilla extract and organic almond extract. No additives. Organic vanilla beans in every bottle.
Almond Vanilla Extract
Mannix Almond Vanilla is an organic vanilla extract brewed to a 2x or double-strength through a natural, cold extraction process blended with natural almond extract. Although we never add sugar, colorings, or any other artificial ingredients, we do add organic beans to every bottle so the wonderful almond vanilla flavor continues to improve with age. The beans in the bottle and our beautiful, imported Italian bottles make our vanilla extract visually appealing and will enhance any recipe. Our extracts, if stored properly in your kitchen cabinet, have an indefinite shelf life.
Ingredients: Natural almond extract, organic vanilla beans, organic 2x vanilla extract. No artificial ingredients or sugar added.
Healthy Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins with a lovely vanilla bean cream cheese glaze!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (coconut oil also works great)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half and seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tin with paper cups or spray with nonstick spray. If you use muffin cups, make sure to spray the inside of the cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and a pinch of nutmeg; whisk again.
- In a separate large bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, egg whites, applesauce, oil, and vanilla; mix until smooth. Slowly whisk in milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix! Bake for 23-27 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean. Cool for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to finish cooling.
- While muffins are cooling, you can make the vanilla bean glaze: Add softened cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl; mix or beat on medium speed until well blended. Add in vanilla, milk, and vanilla bean; mixing until smooth. If necessary add a bit more milk – you want this to be glaze-like consistency. Drizzle evenly over warm muffins. Enjoy!
These best served slightly warm; reheat in the oven for 15-20 seconds if desired.
If you like sweeter muffins, increase brown sugar to 1/2 cup instead of 1/3 and bake as directed.
To make muffins gluten free: use a gluten-free all-purpose flour, gluten-free oats, along with alcohol-free vanilla extract.
Muffins will stay fresh for up to 3 days, keep them in an airtight container or in a Ziploc bag.
Leave off the glaze and you will save around 35 calories per muffin.
Muffins can be frozen!