BLACKBERRY CHIPOTLE SAUCE
Blackberry Chipotle Sauce made with Blackberries that are one of more than 300 known varieties of berries and Mexico is one of the top 5 world exporters of this fruit. Some types of berries were already appreciated and used in prehispanic times in rituals and offerings.
Today, Cocina Mestiza offers you a sauce that combines the tangy taste of blackberries with the smokey aroma of chipotle peppers resulting in an artfully combined flavor that goes well with a great variety of dishes such as meat, poultry, cheese, and salads.
Recommended uses for all Cocina Mestiza’s Gilling and Dipping Sweet and Sour Sauces:
- Cheese: Cocina Mestiza Sauces can be served with mild flavored cheese as an appetizer. Brie, Camembert, or cream cheese work very well. Serve with crackers or bread.
- Salad Dressings: Create luscious fruit dressings with our Sweet and Sour Sauces. Just add your favorite vinegar, oils, seasonings, and spices to taste. Some ideas are Dijon-style mustard, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cider or rice vinegar, walnut or sesame oil, grated lemon zest, ginger, garlic, onion, etc. Experiment to your fancy with these versatile sauces.
- Dipping sauces: Make any kind of dipping sauce for breaded shrimp or tempura, chicken nuggets, chicken wings, etc. Formulate your own flavors or influence with Oriental, European o Mexican ingredients.
- Grilling: Season meat, chicken or vegetables with salt and pepper or seasonings. In the last part of the grilling generously brush your favorite flavor of Cocina Mestiza’s Sweet and Sour Sauces over food.
- Marinades: Sweet and Sour sauces can be mixed with finely chopped onion and garlic, salt, and pepper to create a marinade for meat, poultry, and fish.
- Sauces: Over medium flame, heat oil and brown seasoned meat or chicken on all sides. Add 2 cups of broth and bake at 170°F. Approximately during the last 20 minutes of cooking add a bottle of Cocina Mestiza’s Sweet and Sour Sauce. Check the seasoning before serving.
- Deserts: The unexpected hint of spice in our sauces works wonders over desserts such as chocolate cake or mousses. Experiment a different dessert and expect the unexpected with the spicy results.
Raspberry Rumba Salsa with Corn Tortilla Chips
When you’re having a little shindig at your place and looking for some really different munchies with which to entice your guests, set out a bowl of this vibrantly unique and zingy little salsa made from Casa Mestiza. It’s guaranteed to stir up a conversation or two.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
2 cups canned Mandarin orange segments, well drained and roughly chopped
1 small red onion, diced
1 cup of the original Cocina Mestiza Blackberry with Chipotle sauce
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 bunch cilantro, leaves and tender stems chopped
4 chile pequins (more or less to taste)
Corn tortilla chips
Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stir to blend well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Transfer salsa into serving bowl and serve alongside a basket of corn tortilla chips. Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
Today Best Selling
Product: 7 Sun’s Raw Cacao Beans Mexican $8.35-pound | ($0.52oz) Reg. $ 18.35 lb MOQ: 1…
Product: 7 Sun's Mayan Melipona Stingless Bee Honey Gift box $125.00-each | ($15.60/oz) Reg. $185.00…
Product: Mexican Organic Oregano $12.80-pound | ($0.75/oz) Reg. $ 25.84 lb MOQ: 1 Lbs | SAVE…
Product: Organic Orange Vanilla Extract 2x double-strength $30.00-each Reg. $45.00 each MOQ: 1oo ml | SAVE 10% |…