CACAO CRIOLLO POWDER
Cacao Criollo Powder is a tropical tree native to Central and South America. Its fruit is best known as chocolate’s main ingredient, though it is increasingly consumed for its nutritional value as well as its taste.
The cocoa bean, also called cacao bean, cocoa and cacao is the dried and fully fermented seed of Theobroma cacao, from which cocoa solids and, because of the seed’s fat, cocoa butter can be extracted. The beans are the basis of chocolate, and of such Mesoamerican foods as mole and tejate.
Feel good about eating chocolate! Cacao Raw Pure Powder is a superfood that is completely guilt-free! The nutrient density of raw cacao benefits every function of the body and instantly transforms recipes into the healthiest chocolate treat.
Many ways to enjoy- try our Cacao Raw Pure Powder in smoothies, granola bars, baked goods (like brownies and fudge), sprinkled on fruit, or in desserts (like pudding and ice cream)!
A nutrient-dense energy boost- Cacao powder is full of beneficial compounds and provides a great source of magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, copper, and potassium. It is also one of the richest natural food sources of antioxidant flavonols.
We source our Cacao Powder from small farms, where the cacao beans are hand-harvested, cold-pressed, and carefully milled into a fine powder.
Cacao Powder is full of beneficial compounds and provides a great source of magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, copper, and potassium. It is also one of the richest natural food sources of antioxidant flavonols. Cacao Powder has an expiration date of about 2 years after purchase when unopened and a shelf life of 3 months after opening.
Healthy Baking and Eating with Healthworks Cacao Powder
A healthy-chocolaty treat!
Satisfy chocolate cravings and focus on a healthy diet with our Cacao Powder. Our Cacao is 100% pure, raw, and tasty too! Packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, cacao powder has an earthier, bitter-toned taste, think dark chocolate. .. but healthier.
We source our Cacao Powder from small, organic farms in Mexico, where the cacao beans are hand-harvested, cold-pressed, and carefully milled into a fine powder. This process retains the cacao’s authentic, rich flavor and high nutritional value.
The real difference between cacao and cocoa
On initial impressions it might seem like the only real difference between cacao and cocoa is the spelling. But there’s a little more to it than that…
What is cacao?
Cacao can refer to any of the food products derived from cacao beans – the seeds or nuts of the cacao tree. These include cacao nibs, cacao butter, cacao mass or paste, and (probably the most common) cacao powder.
Cacao v cocoa powder
Raw cacao powder is made from cold-pressing unroasted cocoa beans. This process keeps the enzymes in the cocoa and removes the fat (cacao butter).
Cocoa looks the same but it’s not. Cocoa powder is raw cacao that’s been roasted at high temperatures. Sadly, roasting changes the molecular structure of the cocoa bean, reducing the enzyme content and lowering the overall nutritional value.
The studies that boast of chocolate’s amazing health benefits are likely not referring to your average store-bought chocolate bar (damn misleading researchers). The chocolate that they’re referring to has properties closer to raw cacao.
What are the health benefits of cacao?
Cacao raw pure powder is known to have a higher antioxidant content than cocoa and has been linked to a variety of benefits. (Note: Many scientific studies, like those below, refer to the superior health benefits of “cocoa”. However, most of these use isolated and purified compounds from cocoa. These compounds don’t resemble sugary supermarket cocoa and are very similar to raw cacao in form.)
These studies have shown that the compounds:
- Lower insulin resistance.
- Protect your nervous system: Cacao raw pure powder is high in resveratrol, a potent antioxidant also found in red wine, known for its ability to cross your blood-brain barrier to help protect your nervous system.
- Shield nerve cells from damage.
- Cut your risk of stroke.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease: The antioxidants found in cacao help to maintain healthy levels of nitric oxide (NO) in the body. Although NO has heart-benefiting qualities, such as relaxing blood vessels and reducing blood pressure, it also produces toxins. The antioxidants in cacao neutralize these toxins, protecting your heart and preventing disease.
- Guard against toxins: As a potent antioxidant, cacao can repair the damage caused by free radicals and may reduce the risk of certain cancers. In fact, cacao raw pure powder contains far more antioxidants per 100g than acai, goji berries, and blueberries. Antioxidants are responsible for 10 percent of the weight of raw cacao.
- Boost your mood: Cacao can increase levels of certain neurotransmitters that promote a sense of well-being. And the same brain chemical that is released when we experience deep feelings of love – phenylethylamine – is found in chocolate.
- Provide minerals: Magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, copper, and manganese.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Unit Type: Piece
- Carton Box
- Package Weight: 11 lbs