GREEN MOLE PASTE SAUCE GUERRERO STYLE “PIPIAN”
The characteristic color of this mole comes from a combination of predominantly green ingredients. Our Green mole paste sauce Guerrero style is made with pumpkin seeds, peanuts, almonds, sesame seeds, serrano peppers, herbs, and spices. Nuts are softly toasted to extract aromas, and ground with fresh aromatic herbs, a touch of serrano peppers and spices to exalt flavors. The combination results in a mole of subtle flavor ideal for poultry and even fish.
Uses for Green Mole Guerrero Style
Like all moles, green mole goes well with pork but it is ideal for other ingredients with softer taste such as chicken, fish, and vegetables. It is also excellent on Mexican food such as enmoladas, stews, and tamales.
Prepare a sauce by diluting the green mole paste in 1 liter of hot water or broth. Mix and stir well to integrate the sauce. Simmer gently until the sauce has the desired thickness.
GREEN MOLE CHICKEN (POLLO EN MOLE VERDE)
This recipe isn’t necessarily fast, but there’s not much active work involved. It’s so worth it, though. Try serving with a bit of rice and some tortillas for cushioning the flavorful chicken and sauce.
- 1 3–4-lb. whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces, or four whole chicken legs (drumstick plus thigh)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro stems
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Cook the chicken: Place chicken, cilantro, salt, peppercorns, garlic, onion, bay leaf, and 12 cups water in a 6-qt. saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from saucepan and strain the liquid through a fine strainer; reserve 4 cups, and save remaining liquid for another use. Set chicken and liquid aside.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until heated through about 10 minutes. Serve with Mexican rice and tortillas.
Today Best Selling
Product: 7 Sun’s Raw Cacao Beans Mexican $8.35-pound | ($0.52oz) Reg. $ 18.35 lb MOQ: 1…
Product: 7 Sun's Mayan Melipona Stingless Bee Honey Gift box $125.00-each | ($15.60/oz) Reg. $185.00…
Product: Mexican Organic Oregano $12.80-pound | ($0.75/oz) Reg. $ 25.84 lb MOQ: 1 Lbs | SAVE…
Product: Organic Orange Vanilla Extract 2x double-strength $30.00-each Reg. $45.00 each MOQ: 1oo ml | SAVE 10% |…