7 SUN’S 100% RAW MELIPONA STINGLESS BEE DROPS
Introducing Melipona Stingless Bee Drops, 100% Raw Concentrated Organic Stingless Honey Bee Mayan elixir. This ancient bee known as Melipona bicheii or “Xunan kaab” by the locals in the Yucatan Peninsula, is a stingless and endangered bee that produce a special type of honey. This “elixir” is an antioxidant that contains healing and nutritional properties so it is considered a “superfood” as well as being an essential tool in traditional Mayan medicine.
Melipona Stingless Bee Drops
These bees are extremely selective with the type of flowers they forage, they search for only the best to produce the richest and finest nectar, and because QBH only works within Protected Natural Areas, this guarantees the purity and selection of the best flowers of the Mayan forest obtaining a high-quality honey with an unparalleled taste.
Because of this selective behavior, melipona beehives only produce up to 3 to 4 liters of honey per year, which makes it a unique and highly valued honey.
At risk of dying along with the insect is a beekeeping tradition that for centuries has been sacred to the Maya for its spiritual benefits.
In the Maya, bees are imbued with mystical power, said to appear as messengers between the living world and the underworld.
(Nat Geo, 2012)
Melipona bee, with other types of stingless-bee species (Escaptotrigona pectoralis, Nanotrigona perilampoides, among others), are responsible for the pollination of the 60% of the Mayan Forest. Actually, some bee colonies have to visit about two million flowers to make one pound of this sacred honey.
Disregard for the time-honored ways is the main threat to the native bees. In addition to starvation (due to deforestation, hurricanes, and competition for food), the bees are threatened by the possible loss of vital trade secrets. Most of the last remaining beekeepers are old men and women living in rural Yucatán, and practically no one is inheriting their knowledge. (Nat Geo, 2012).
That is why, QBH made a personal vow to its Mayan roots and to its sacred Mayan forest: And it is to spread the word about this elixir that is used for medicinal purpose and it’s considered as a superfood for its high levels of antioxidants, vitamins, and amino acids.
We are not moved by competition with other brands or products. We believe in living in a true and balanced connection with nature, as the Mayan culture taught us once: We exist because of nature, so we must preserve it and be eternally thankful.
Melipona Stingless Bee DropsBenefits
Honey used for medicinal purposes since ancient Mayans (currently, these communities continue using it for this purpose) which helps:
- Strengthen the immune system
- Prevent respiratory diseases
- Relieve eye problems, including cataracts, conjunctivitis, and others;
- Helps remove skin spots among many other benefits of this powerful honey.
Biological and therapeutic effects of stingless bees.
Honey is a natural product produced by both honey bees and stingless bees. Both types of honey contain unique and distinct types of phenolic and flavonoid compounds of variable biological and clinical importance. Honey is one of the most effective natural products used for wound healing.
The efficacy of these properties depends on the types of phenolic compounds present in the honey. … A small number of reports have documented the beneficial effects of stingless bee honey in different contexts, such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, and cataract studies and anti-inflammatory activity.
Antioxidant in stingless bee honey could break the chain of free radicals that cause a detrimental effect to the wounded area. Furthermore, the antimicrobial properties of stingless bee honey could overcome the bacterial contamination and thus improve the healing rate.
Studies have shown than stingless bee honey contains as much as 4 times more active propolis enzymes than ordinary honey.
Stingless bee honey in traditional healing is famously known as “Mother of Medicine” due to its potent medicinal properties like anti-aging, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial as well as an immunity booster. Stingless Bees produce a different tasting honey which is a mix of sweet and sour with a hint of lemon. They usually nest in open tree cavities, rock crevices, or underground openings and their honey are stored in resin pots, which explain the special tangy and sour taste.
Stingless bee honey in traditional healing is famously known as “Mother of Medicine”.
In this review, the traditional uses and clinical applications of both honey bee and stingless bee honey – such as :
- cardioprotective properties
- the treatment of eye disorders
- gastrointestinal tract diseases
- neurological disorders
- and fertility disorders and wound healing activity are described.
Stingless bee honey was used traditionally by native and folks to cure common sicknesses and diseases. Therefore, it is known as Mother of Medicine for its richness of natural medicine and healing properties.
Stingless Bee honey is believed to be beneficial for:
- Contain active enzymes,
- Contain lower reducing sugar (fructose and glucose),
- Slow down the aging process,
- Enhance immune system,
- Treat ulcers, cough, and throat sore,
- Beautify and soothe skin,
- Improve sleeping problems,
- Replenishes energy and enhance stamina level,
- Expedite healing process of the wound, cut and burn,
- Improve digestion and increase metabolism.
- Stingless bee
- Analysis of phenolic acids and flavonoids in honey
- Identification of Phenolic Acids and Flavonoids in Monofloral Honey from Bangladesh by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography: Determination of Antioxidant Capacity
- Antibacterial effects of Apis mellifera and stingless bees honey on susceptible and resistant strains of Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumoniae in Gondar, Northwest Ethiopia
- Biological and therapeutic effects of honey produced by honey bees and stingless bees: a comparative review
- The Potential Role of Honey and its Polyphenols in Preventing Heart Diseases: A Review
- Why is honey so valuable? What are polyphenols and what are they good for?
- Bianco B. 2014. The log hives of Yucatan. Anthropology Now 6(2):65-77.
- Garcia-Frapolli E, Toledo VM, and Martinez-Alier J. 2008. Adaptations of a Yucatec Maya Multiple-Use Ecological Management Strategy to Ecotourism. Ecology and Society 13.
- Polyphenols: food sources and bioavailability
- Plant polyphenols as dietary antioxidants in human health and disease
- What Are Polyphenols?
- 10 Foods Other Than Berries That Are High In Polyphenols
Customers who bought this item also bought
Product: 7 Sun’s Raw Cacao Beans Mexican $4.35-pound | ($0.27/oz) Reg. $ 18.35 lb MOQ: 1… Product: 7 Sun's 100% Raw Organic Mayan Melipona Stingless Bee Honey Gift liquid gold $115.00-box |… Product: 7 Sun’s 100% Raw Melipona Stingless Bee Wax Organic $45.00-pound | ($2.81/oz) Reg. $95.00… Product: 7 Sun’s Pure Cacao Paste 100% Organic Unsweetened | Theobroma Cacao $5.99 pound | ($0.37/oz) Reg$ 45.78… Product: Mexican Organic Oregano $15.09-pound | ($0.94/oz) Reg. $ 45.84 lb MOQ: 1 Lbs | SAVE…
Product: 7 Sun’s Raw Cacao Beans Mexican $4.35-pound | ($0.27/oz) Reg. $ 18.35 lb MOQ: 1…
Product: 7 Sun's 100% Raw Organic Mayan Melipona Stingless Bee Honey Gift liquid gold $115.00-box |…
Product: 7 Sun’s 100% Raw Melipona Stingless Bee Wax Organic $45.00-pound | ($2.81/oz) Reg. $95.00…
Product: 7 Sun’s Pure Cacao Paste 100% Organic Unsweetened | Theobroma Cacao $5.99 pound | ($0.37/oz) Reg$ 45.78…
Product: Mexican Organic Oregano $15.09-pound | ($0.94/oz) Reg. $ 45.84 lb MOQ: 1 Lbs | SAVE…