NANCE SYRUP | NANCHI TROPICAL FRUIT
Nance Syrup or Nanche in Almibar is an excellent dessert to eat by themselves or in a dessert. Byrsonima crassifolia also known as Nanche or Yellow Cherries is a slow-growing large shrub or tree to 33 ft (10 m). Sometimes cultivated for its edible fruits, the tree is native and abundant in the wild, sometimes in extensive stands, in open pine forests and grassy savannas. It is valued for its small, sweet, yellow fruit, which is strongly scented. The fruits are eaten raw or cooked as dessert. The fruits are also made into dulce de nance, a candy prepared with the fruit cooked in sugar and water. The fruits are often used to prepare carbonated beverages and flavor mezcal-based liqueurs.
Byrsonima crassifolia is a species of flowering plant in the acerola family, Malpighiaceae, that is native to tropical America. It is valued for its small, sweet, yellow fruit, which is strongly scented. The fruits have a very pungent and distinct flavor and smell.
Nance fruit is a small ball-shaped berry with a diameter of 1 to 2 cm. The fruits grow in clusters and turn orange or yellow when they are ripe. These fruits are sweet or sour in flavor, depending upon the cultivar. This fruit has a peculiar odor and is not very pleasant in taste. It has a thin skin and white, juicy and oily pulp. The fruit has a single large stone in it which contains 2 to 3 seeds.
The bark of Nance tree is used for various medicinal purposes both internally and externally. It is used to treat diarrhea, rashes, wounds and pulmonary diseases. In Central America, a cup of leaf tea taken three times per day is believed to help alleviate rheumatism, aching bones, anemia, and common fatigue.
These fruits are often conserved in the bottle so that they can be preserved for months. The fruit is often used to prepare jams and jellies, and carbonated beverages and can also be used as a stuffing for meats.
Nance Fruit Nutritional facts
Nance is rich in a number of vitamins and minerals especially Vitamin C and Vitamin K, Vitamin E, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, manganese, and Folate. In addition to all these, it also contains Protein, fat, fiber, phosphorus, iron and carotene. The fruit is particularly high in tannin especially when it is ripe.
Health benefits of Nance fruit
1. Nance has a high content of Vitamin C. A healthy dose of Vitamin C protects our body from infections which results in healthy bones and teeth. It also improves our body’s ability to repair wounds and keeps our immune from bacteria, viruses, and infection. Not only is it a well-known component of our immune system, but it is also necessary for collagen, the main structural protein found in connective tissue.
2. Nance contains a significant amount of Protein in it. Protein is indispensable for the growth and development of our body. Thus incorporating Nance in our diet promotes healthy metabolic and physiological processes. Nance helps to boost our nervous and immune system.
3. Calcium in Nance along with Vitamin K helps to strengthen the bones and prevent arthritis. Vitamin K also helps blood clotting as it helps to turn on the proteins and calcium that allow the blood to clot. Thus it prevents bleeding nose, bleeding gums and so on.
4. Nance is also rich in thiamine. Thiamine helps in the production of neurotransmitter which relays messages between the nerves and the muscles to ensure proper cardiac function. Hence eating Nance helps to prevent irregular cardiac function.
5. Riboflavin present in Nance helps in the production of energy by assisting in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. Nance also helps in the formation of red blood cells and antibodies in humans.
6. Folate in Nance helps to reduce depression and reduces the risk of depression and dementia. Folate is also necessary for proper functioning of brains. Nance helps to keep the brain young and improves memory.
7. Regular consumption of Nance helps to ward off aging and overall body deterioration. Nance contains a significant amount of Beta-carotene which converts to vitamin A which has an anti-aging effect of its own. The combined anti-aging effect of both together is even greater.
Customers who bought this item also bought