Piloncillo Chipotle Sauce with Chipotle Morita
Piloncillo Chipotle Sauce, possibly you already tried the chipotle pepper salsa and you realized that is smoky, spicy and it has a certain sweetness. Well in this recipe we are going to take that sweetness to a higher level, so you can taste the salsa in a different way.
Piloncillo Chipotle Sauce
This chipotle salsa acquires its sweetness from the piloncillo, that is solid and unrefined cane sugar. In Mexican cuisine, the piloncillo is used in desserts, drinks, candies, etc. And on this occasion what we are going to do is give more sweetness to the salsa and consequently, its hotness will attenuate a little. It is a very exotic combination because you will taste smoky and sweet flavors.
The chipotle pepper and piloncillo salsa can be used in dishes that have chicken or pork, although it can also serve you to give a very special flavor to some shrimps.
About the Recipe
- Making this recipe is not difficult, you only have to work a little.
- To make the recipe 1/2 piloncillo cone is used, in case of not having you can also use 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- The chipotle peppers have to be used in their dried version.
- 15 minutes are enough to prepare this recipe.
- The recipe is for 3 cups of salsa.
- 5 dried Chipotle Peppers (.9 oz)
- 1/2 Piloncillo cone (1.6 oz)
- 2 Tomatoes (14.1 oz)
- 1/4 of an Onion (1.2 oz)
- 1 Garlic clove (.1 oz)
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Griddle
- 1 Blender
- 1 Measuring Cup
- 1 Tongs
- 1 Turne
Cook some Ingredients
- Put in a saucepan:
- 5 dried Chipotle Peppers.
- 1/2 Piloncillo cone.
- 2 cups of Water (1/2 qt).
|It is very important to use exactly 1/2 qt of water so your salsa has the correct consistency.|
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat.
- Leave the ingredients cooking in the boiling water for about 7 minutes, until the chiles soften and the piloncillo has dissolved; stir constantly.
- Transfer from the saucepan to a blender the chilies that were cooked and all the water with piloncillo.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Product: Melipona Stingless Bee Honey Drops Pure from $95.00 bottle | (1 fl.oz. /30 ml)…
Product: Mexican Vanilla Bean Grade B Extract. $470.00-pound | ($29.42/oz) There are approximately 50 beans…
Product: Ancho Chile Pepper Dried $12.15-pound | ($0.75/oz) Reg. $49.00 lb There are approximately 2…
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
The information provided for this product is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
We recommend that you consult with your physician or qualified healthcare practitioner before making any significant change in your diet.